Group Video and BrazenLive Broadcasts are powerful ways to engage during events and ensure personal, meaningful connections.
If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser on a Mac, you must enable screen recording access to share your screen during a Group Video session or BrazenLive Broadcast. If you are using Safari as your browser on a Mac, you must enable camera and microphone access in order to share your screen.
If your screen share is not working, you may need to change your Mac system preferences or your browser's permissions.
See below for instructions on how to enable screen sharing for your particular browser. Click here if you don't know which browser you're using.
In This Article
Google Chrome or Firefox
Check your Google Chrome or Firefox screen recording permissions in your system preferences
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon and open System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy, then click the Privacy tab.
- Click Screen Recording.
- Click the Lock icon to make changes.
- Select the checkbox next to your preferred browser icon (i.e., Google Chrome, Firefox) to enable screen sharing.
Check your camera & microphone permissions in Safari
- In Safari, click Safari, then Preferences. Or, click the Apple and comma keys to open the Preferences window.
- Then, click Websites.
- Click Camera or Microphone. You will see a list of websites with existing camera or microphone permissions.
- Locate app.brazenconnect.com on the Website list.
- In the dropdown menu, select Allow to allow Safari to access the camera or microphone.
- Repeat the steps to ensure Safari can access both the camera and microphone.
For further troubleshooting, please read our detailed audio and video troubleshooting for live video features in Brazen. And, see our in-depth BrazenLive Video Broadcast, Group Video, and 1-on-1 Video technical requirements.
For help sharing a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation, see our browser-based guides: