Group Video and BrazenLive Video Broadcasts are powerful ways to engage during live events and ensure personal, meaningful connections. Hosts and Presenters can share their screen during Group Video and BrazenLive Video Broadcasts, enabling slide shows to accompany their discussions.
Before you share your screen, check that your browser and system settings have the proper settings enabled. If you do not have the proper setting enabled, you will receive a notification when you attempt to share your screen. These settings differ between browsers and Windows and Mac computers.
In This Article
Windows Screen Share Permissions
If you are using a Windows computer, navigate to the browser's App Settings either in the browser itself or through the Start Panel. Locate and enable the screen share setting within the app settings.
Mac Screen Share Permissions
If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser on a Mac, you must enable screen recording access to share your screen during a Group Video session or BrazenLive Video Broadcast. If you are using Safari as your browser, you must enable camera and microphone access in order to share your screen.
If your screen share is not working, you may need to change your Mac system preferences or your browser's permissions.
See below for instructions on how to enable screen sharing for your particular browser. Click here if you don't know which browser you're using.
Google Chrome or Firefox
Check your Google Chrome or Firefox screen recording permissions in your system preferences.
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon and open System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy, then click the Privacy tab.
- Click Screen Recording.
- Click the Lock icon to make changes.
- Select the checkbox next to your preferred browser icon (i.e., Google Chrome, Firefox) to enable screen sharing.
Check your camera & microphone permissions in Safari.
- In Safari, click Safari, then Preferences. Or, click the Apple and comma keys to open the Preferences window.
- Then, click Websites.
- Click Camera or Microphone. You will see a list of websites with existing camera or microphone permissions.
- Locate app.brazenconnect.com on the Website list.
- In the dropdown menu, select Allow to allow Safari to access the camera or microphone.
- Repeat the steps to ensure Safari can access both the camera and microphone.
For further troubleshooting, please read our detailed audio and video troubleshooting for live video features in Brazen. And, see our in-depth BrazenLive Video Broadcast, Group Video, and 1-on-1 Video technical requirements.
For help sharing a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation, see our browser-based guides: