Rep Handoff, if enabled for your event, lets you pass an Attendee to other Representatives within your specific chat booth or other booths within an event. This is great to use for exceptional Attendees that will benefit from speaking with multiple people at your organization, or to get other opinions.
You can also manage your own chat settings, and can choose to only accept handed off chats without being matched in standard booth chats. This is particularly helpful for hiring managers who would only like to accept chats with candidates who have been pre-screened for them by other Representatives.
|Rep Handoff cannot be used for Scheduled Chats.|
Manage Your Chat Preferences
Once you enter your booth from the Event Lobby and click the green Chat button, you are prompted to select the type of chats you wish to have. You have two choices:
- "Only handed off chats” - Select this option to make yourself available to chat with only Attendees who have been screened and handed off to you by other Representatives.
- “All chats” - Select this option to receive both handed off chats and standard booth chats.
Your chat preference defaults to “All chats” unless you change this within an event, and your chat preference in any future events defaults to your most recent selection.
|You are only presented with the option to choose between “Only handed off chats” and “All chats” if you enter your booth from the Event Lobby. If you access your booth by using Search Booths, you are marked as available for “All chats.”|
Then, click Chat to begin receiving chats.
Hand Off an Attendee
To hand off an Attendee you’ve finished chatting with to one or more fellow assigned booth Representatives, on the Chat Ratings page, check Handoff [attendee name] to another Rep?
Depending on your event’s settings, you may be permitted to handoff the Attendee to Representatives only within your own specific chat booth, or to Representatives in other booths in your event as well.
If prompted, first select a Booth to narrow your Representative list.
Three groupings of Representatives are then displayed:
- Reps currently in line for chats – All Representatives in line for chats in this booth. Representatives in this group, however, may take a break from receiving chats at any time by toggling their Chat Availability to “Away.”
- Reps not currently in line for chats – All Representatives that are logged into the event and are assigned to this booth, but have not yet clicked the Chat button and determined what types of chats they want to receive. If a Representative in this group is handed a chat, the Attendee is not connected to them unless the Representative clicks the Chat button and toggles their Chat Availability to “Available.”
- Reps offline – All Representatives who are assigned to this booth but are not currently logged into the event.
After you select the Representatives that you’d like to pass the Attendee to within your booth, you may leave a Handoff Note that is only shown to those selected Representatives.
Click Continue to preview and confirm your selections and note, and then click Finished to initiate the handoff.
Chat with a Handed Off Attendee
In order to chat with a handed off Attendee, you must have toggled your Chat Availability to “Available” and clicked the green Chat button in the booth where the handoff was sent. You are able to accept a handoff whether your chat preference is set to “All chats” or “Only handed off chats.”
The handed off Attendee, if they accept the invitation to chat with you, is placed in your queue prioritized above any regular booth chats.
If the Attendee is not already engaged in their maximum number of simultaneous chats, you are automatically connected with them as soon as you are available.
Your Chats page includes a Rep Handoff Info section that includes who passed the Attendee to you and when, and any note they may have left.