Brazen's Scheduled Chat feature allows Representatives to schedule meeting times with Registrants in advance. This article will outline the steps needed to invite Registrants to a Scheduled Chat and give a general overview about Scheduled Chat setup.
Contents (click to jump to section)
- Benefits of Scheduled Chat
- How to Use Scheduled Chat
- How to Set your Availability
- Cancelling or Rescheduling Your Scheduled Chats
Scheduled Chats are automatically facilitated one-on-one connections between Representatives and select Registrants at preset times. It is a powerful feature that provides you enhanced chat connections and control:
- Ensure Connections with Preferred Candidates: With the ability to schedule chats with specific candidates based on their event registration information, you will be able to anticipate when you need to be available for certain candidates. Scheduled chat puts you in the driver’s seat to help ensure you get connected to your preferred candidates. Your Scheduled Chat schedule can be easily managed from the event lobby. Meanwhile, you have visibility into which team members are meeting other candidates for Scheduled Chats.
- Improved Candidate Experience: Reduce candidate wait times with scheduled chat, and help ensure they speak to the right representative at your organization.
- Enhanced Connection Options: All Scheduled Chats allow for text, audio or video connection.* In addition to Scheduled Chats, you will also have the option to accept Booth Chats from the booth(s) you are assigned.
*In rare cases, some event hosts may not offer video and audio connections. Inquire with the event host or your Brazen Account Manager.
Before the Event
How to Invite Registrants to a Scheduled Chat
Prior to an event, and even during the event, you can review Registrants’ resumes and send out invitations to them to choose from any of your available Scheduled Chat time slots. Time slots are automatically generated based on the Scheduled Chat settings determined by the event host. Candidates simply choose a time slot that works for them to have a Scheduled Chat with you.
- Enter the event. Select Manage Schedule below your profile information in the navigation column:
Alternatively, you can navigate to Your Schedule in the Event Lobby. Select Manage.
Note: For events with only a single booth, you must use the "Manage Schedule" link on the navigation column.
- Select or Registrants to:
- Review attendee profiles and resumes.
- View which other Representatives have Scheduled Chats with candidates, and the status of that chat invitation. In Expo events, Representatives can only view pending or accepted Scheduled Chats from other Representatives in their company.
- Select Schedule a Chat for Registrants who you would like to invite to a Scheduled Chat with you. You will be given the opportunity to edit the email invitation to the candidate before selecting Send.
- Invited Registrants receive your email invitation to select a time slot during your window of availability. The email subject line and the email body content can be customized by Representatives. Candidates with pending chat invitations will receive up to three reminders, sent every 12 hours, until an hour before the event begins. Learn more about the Candidate’s experience of Scheduled Chat.
Note: Candidates can receive invitations from multiple members of your team. However, candidates will only be able to enter into one Scheduled Chat with each Representative, and each Representative can only send one Scheduled Chat invitation to a Candidate.
Before sending out invitations, make sure to update your availability so that you can block off times that you may not be available during a live event. Use the toggles next to each Scheduled Chat time slot to set your availability. The length of the time slots for scheduled chats are pre-determined by event settings, and cannot be altered by the representative scheduling the chat.
Note: You can edit your availability at any time before or even during the event, as long as the affected time slots have not yet been claimed by a candidate.
Cancelling or Rescheduling Your Scheduled Chats
Representatives are able to cancel Scheduled Chat invitations or reschedule/cancel confirmed Scheduled Chats with Registrants. To cancel or reschedule a Scheduled Chat, go to Manage Schedule.
The option to reschedule or cancel is specific to each invitation or confirmed Scheduled Chat. Representatives cannot cancel all pending invitations/scheduled chats at one time. To cancel/reschedule, click the Registrants tab in Manage Schedule. Click the name of a Registrant to view their Scheduled Chat status and make changes.
Cancelling an Invitation
If you’d like to cancel a pending Scheduled Chat invitation, simply select Cancel Invitation for any Pending status. If you cancel a pending invitation sent to a Registrant, you are provided the opportunity to leave a note for that Registrant. This note is included in the email that is sent to the Registrant informing them of the cancellation. If a note is not included, the Registrant still receives a default cancellation notice without an additional note.
Cancelling or Rescheduling a Confirmed Scheduled Chat
In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed Scheduled Chat, follow the steps above to access the Registrant’s Scheduled Chat status. Select the name of the Registrant you’d like to update, and select Cancel Chat.
If you’d like to reschedule with this Registrant, be sure to select Yes when prompted to choose whether you’d like to allow them to pick a different time. The Registrant is informed via email that this Scheduled Chat appointment was cancelled, but they are still encouraged to attend the event.
If you’d like to cancel the confirmed Scheduled Chat with the Registrant, select No when promoted to choose whether you’d like to allow them to pick a different time. The Registrant is informed via email that this Scheduled Chat appointment was cancelled, but that you would still like to meet with them.
The Registrant is provided the option to pick a new time slot. Whenever a Registrant signs into the event, they are notified of their pending invitations. Keep in mind that the original time slot of the confirmed Scheduled Chat will still be available to a Registrant unless it has been selected by another Registrant or you have updated your availability to make that spot unavailable.
When cancelling or rescheduling a confirmed Scheduled Chat, the default option for allowing the Registrant to select a new time will be set to Yes. Be sure to update this preference if you do not wish to reschedule with that Registrant.
You are provided the opportunity to leave a note for that Registrant when cancelling or rescheduling. This note is included in the email that is sent to a Registrant informing them of the cancellation/rescheduling opportunity. If a note is not included, the Registrant still receives a default notice without an additional note.
If an Invited Registrant can't make your available time slots
If a Registrant declines an invitation, they are provided with an option to write a note which is displayed with the Registrant’s information in Manage Schedule.
If a Registrant is Unable to RSVP because you have no more time slots available, this will be indicated under the Registrant’s Status. If the Registrant left a note, it will be displayed with the Registrant’s profile. Registrants are provided with the option to reschedule to other available time slots or to leave a note if they choose to decline invitations. Click here to learn more about the Registrant experience with Scheduled Chat.
During the Event
Visit Using Scheduled Chat in your event to learn tips and tricks for managing your scheduled chats on the day of your event.
If you have any questions about Scheduled Chat, please reach out to Brazen Support.