Hooray! You are likely reading this because you have access to the Scheduled Chats feature, which helps ensure that you will meet top candidates who you specifically want to meet.
Sections (click to jump to section)
Scheduled Chats are automatically facilitated one-on-one connections between Representatives and select Attendees at preset times. It is a powerful feature that provides you enhanced chat connections and control:
- Ensure Connections with Preferred Candidates: With the ability to schedule chats with specific candidates based on their event registration information, you will be able to anticipate when you need to be available for certain candidates. Scheduled chat puts you in the driver’s seat to help ensure you get connected to your preferred candidates. Your Scheduled Chat schedule can be easily managed from the event lobby. Meanwhile, you have visibility into which team members are meeting other candidates for Scheduled Chats.
- Improved Candidate Experience: Reduce candidate wait times with scheduled chat, and help ensure they speak to the right representative at your organization.
- Enhanced Connection Options: All Scheduled Chats allow for text, audio or video connection.* In addition to Scheduled Chats, you will also have the option to accept Booth Chats from the booth(s) you are assigned.
*In rare cases, some event hosts may not offer video and audio connections. Inquire with the event host or your Brazen Account Manager.
Important Notes for Scheduled Chats
- Scheduled chats cannot be canceled or rescheduled once a candidate selects their time slot.
- Time slots for scheduled chats are pre-determined by event settings, and cannot be altered by the representative scheduling the chat. Representatives who utilize scheduled chat will have time slots available to their invited candidates for the duration of the event, and cannot mark themselves as unavailable for any time slots.
- A representative with scheduled chats that cannot attend the event as scheduled will need to be removed from their booth by the booth owner or an event host in order to have their scheduled chats canceled. In this case, candidates will receive an email letting them know the representative can no longer participate and their chat has been canceled.
Before the Event
How to Invite Registrants to a Scheduled Chat
Prior to an event, you can review Registrants’ resumes and send out invitations to them to choose from any of your available Scheduled Chat time slots. Time slots are automatically generated based on the Scheduled Chat settings determined by the event host. Candidates simply choose a time slot that works for them to have a Scheduled Chat with you.
- Enter the event. Select Manage Schedule below your profile information in the navigation column:
Alternatively, you can navigate to Your Schedule in the Event Lobby. Select Manage.
Note: For events with only a single booth, you must use the "Manage Schedule" link on the navigation column.
- Select or Registrants to:
- Review attendee profiles and resumes.
- View which of your teammates have Scheduled Chats with certain candidates.
- Select Schedule a Chat for Registrants who you would like to invite to a Scheduled Chat with you. You will be prompted to review the email invitation to the candidate before selecting Send.
Invited Registrants receive an email invitation to select a time slot during your window of availability. Learn more about the Candidate’s experience of Scheduled Chat.
Before sending out invitations, make sure to update your availability so that you can block off times that you may not be available during a live event. Use the toggles next to each Scheduled Chat time slot to set your availability.
Note: You can edit your availability at any time before or even during the event, as long as the affected time slots have not yet been claimed by a candidate.
During the Event
How to Manage Your Scheduled Chats
To view your accepted and pending invitations for Scheduled Chats, simply navigate to Manage Schedule whenever you need.
- The red dot indicates which Scheduled Chat is occurring at a given time.
- Chat times are determined by the event host.
- The chat duration refers to the length of a Scheduled Chat.
- The buffer time refers to the time you have between Scheduled Chat time slots.
- Time slots for Scheduled Chats are automatically generated by the Brazen platform. No need to program the time slots yourself!
How to Enter Your Scheduled Chats
The Brazen platform automatically facilitates Scheduled Chats. When it is time for a Scheduled Chat, you will receive a prompt. Simply select Chat Now.
If the event host has video and audio chats enabled, you will be able to transition your text-baed Scheduled Chat into a video or audio call by selecting the Video or Call buttons in your chat menu.
Pro tip! Manage Your Chats
If you want to focus on your Scheduled Chat, set your “Chat Availability” to Away. This will prevent you from being entered into Booth Chats.
Chat Availability does not apply to Scheduled Chat. You will always be entered into Scheduled Chats if you are in the event during the Scheduled Chat time slot.
After the Event
Take Follow-Up Actions for Qualified Candidates
Like all chat made through the Brazen platform, you are able to take follow-up actions with Registrants you meet through Scheduled Chat to make sure you continue the connection after the event.
View your chat history during and after the event to access Registrant information and a copy of your chat transcripts. In your Chat History, your Scheduled Chats will be marked with a green icon that differentiates it from Booth Chats.
I’m able to engage in Scheduled Chats. Can I still take Booth Chats?
Absolutely! If Scheduled Chats are enabled for you, you are still able to participate in Booth Chats, meaning you will be able to connect with any attendees who get in line to chat in your booth during the live event.
You will potentially be entered into both Scheduled Chats and Booth Chats. If you would only like to enter into Scheduled Chats, set your Chat Availability for Booth Chats accordingly.
Can multiple members of my team schedule a chat with the same candidate?
Yes! Candidates can receive invitations from different members of your team. However, candidates will only be able to enter into one Scheduled Chat with each Representative.
Can I send multiple Scheduled Chat invitations to a single Registrant?
No. Per event, you are able to send only one Scheduled Chat invitation to a Registrant.
Can I see who my team members have invited to Scheduled Chat?
Yes! If you are a Representative who can enter Scheduled Chat, navigate to Manage Schedule → Registrants. The Status column for each Registrant indicates whether you have a pending invitation or scheduled chat with you or with other members of your team.
What if I extend a Scheduled Chat and the extension overlaps with another Scheduled Chat?
You will be able to conduct both Scheduled Chats at the same time.
While we love for you to chat with as many Candidates as possible, we also want you to have meaningful conversations without feeling rushed. We recommend frequently visiting your Manage Schedule view to be mindful of upcoming Scheduled Chats.
What if I am late to a Scheduled Chat?
It happens! If you enter the event before the designated end time of a Scheduled Chat appointment, you will still be entered into your Scheduled Chat for the full duration of the time slot.
Just make sure to keep an eye on your schedule in case you have another Scheduled Chat that overlaps. While it is possible to be placed in multiple Scheduled Chats at one time, we recommend keeping no more than 2-3 simultaneous Scheduled Chats as it can be difficult to juggle multiple conversations.
What if I miss a Scheduled Chat?
This happens too! We recommend following up with that Registrant via LinkedIn or with the contact information they provide in their resume and/or event registration. Even if you missed the chat, clarify to the candidate what had happened and demonstrate to the Registrant that you are still interested in connecting with them.
What if an invited Registrant is unable to make my available time slots?
If a Registrant declines an invitation, they are provided with an option to write a note which is displayed with the Registrant’s information in Manage Schedule.
If a Registrant is Unable to RSVP because you have no more time slots available, this will be indicated under the Registrant’s Status. If the Registrant left a note, it will be displayed with the Registrant’s profile.
Registrants are provided with the option to leave a note if they choose to decline invitations.