Give Booth Representatives the ability to invite candidates for Scheduled Chats during your event, based on the candidate registration information that is important to them.
Sections (click to jump to section)
Scheduled Chats are automatically facilitated one-on-one connections between specific Representatives and Attendees at preset time slots during the event. It is a powerful feature that provides enhanced engagement and control:
- Add Additional Value to Your Event: Admins can allow Scheduled Chats for specific events and enable this feature for specific Representatives. Admins also control the scheduled chat duration settings independently of the booth chat settings.
- Ensure Quality Connections: Prior to the event, Representatives can send out invitations to schedule a chat with Attendees who they would like to meet. Invited Attendees can simply choose a time slot that works for them and will then be connected with that Representative at the scheduled time during the live event.
- Improve the Candidate Experience: Top candidates can skip chat lines by accepting Scheduled Chat invitations. All Scheduled Chats allow for text, audio or video connection.*
*In rare cases, some event hosts may not offer video and audio connections. Inquire with the event host or your Brazen Account Manager for more information.
Pro tip! Pair Scheduled Chat with Search & Invite
By enabling both Scheduled Chat and Search & Invite for your event, you can empower Representatives to take different actions for different Registrants.
Search & Invite permits Representatives to encourage selected Registrants to visit their booth, a perfect action to encourage more traffic to their booths and engage these candidates in Booth Chats.
For the most qualified candidates who Representatives may want to ensure they meet, Scheduled Chat permits these candidates to skip the Booth Chat lines and directly schedule a chat.
Important Notes for Admins:
- If at all possible, please avoid extending the event or changing the event time once candidates have begun registering. If your event time is changed or extended, any existing scheduled chats will need to be rescheduled. In this scenario, candidates will be notified that their existing scheduled chats are pending and that they need to select and confirm a new scheduled chat time.
- If you are interested in using Scheduled Chat and your event meets any of the criteria below, please contact your Account Manager so they can ensure the event is set up properly:
- Your event will have Representatives who are also Hosts/Presenters for a BrazenLive broadcast booth.
- You anticipate 2,000 concurrent attendees at the event.
How to Enable Scheduled Chat
Scheduled Chat is enabled per event and must be assigned to specific Representatives.
- To enable Scheduled Chat for your event, first consult your assigned Brazen Account Manager.
- Once enabled for your Account, simply select Allow Reps to schedule chats when creating a new event.
To enable Scheduled Chat for an event that has already been created, proceed to Settings → Chats.
- Once you Allow Reps to schedule chats, set your Scheduled Chat settings, which automatically generate time slots for Scheduled Chats for the entire duration of the live event.
- Max Scheduled Chat Duration is the duration of a chat between a Representative and an invited Attendee in a Schedule Chat.x
- Buffer Between Scheduled Chats is the duration of time Representatives have between the time slots designated for Scheduled Chats.
- Assign Representatives to booths. Even if a Representative intends to only engage in Scheduled Chats, they must be assigned to a booth. Then, enable Scheduled Chat when adding new Representatives to a booth:
For Representatives who have already been assigned to a booth, select to Enable Schedule Chat:
Note: If you are using a template to generate new events, you must re-enable Scheduled Chat for each Representative.
You can also permit Booth Owners to Enable Scheduled Chat for their booth’s Representatives. Enter a Booth’s Settings, then scroll to Booth Owners. Select Allow Booth Owners to enable Chat Scheduling for Reps when assigning Booth Owners.
How to Edit Scheduled Chat Settings
Editing your Scheduled Chat settings is as simple as managing Booth Chat settings.
- When you on the main page for an Event, Event Home, scroll to Time and Date → Manage Scheduled Chats:
- Or, navigate to Settings → Chats → Scheduled Chat Settings
I would like to disable Scheduled Chat for a Representative. How do I do this?
Once Scheduled Chat is enabled for a Representative, you must remove that Representative from their booth(s) and then add them again without enabling Scheduled Chat in order to remove their access to the feature.
Are there analytics on Scheduled Chats?
Yes, after an event ends, information on Scheduled Chats are available on each Representative and Registrant. This data can be found in “Event Participants (CSV)” under Downloads for the event:
- Total Scheduled Chat Invites
- Total Accepted Invites
- Total Declined Invites
- Total Pending Invites
- Total Unable to RSVP - Slots Full
- Total Scheduled Chats Attended
This information is not provided in the Booth Owner reports.
Please note that these metrics for Representatives can be understood from the perspective that they sent invitations. Meanwhile, for Registrants, these metrics are understood from the perspective that they received invitations. For example, Total Declined Invites for Representatives refers to the number of sent invitations which were declined; and for Registrants it refers to the number of invitations that they declined.
Can Representatives take both Scheduled Chats and Booth Chats?
Yes, if Scheduled Chat is enabled for Representative, they will be able to accept both Scheduled Chats and Booth Chats if they so choose. Representatives have the ability to indicate whether they are available in certain booths and/or can set their “Chat Availability” to Away if they want to focus only on Scheduled Chats.
“Chat Availability” does not apply to Scheduled Chat. Representatives will always be entered into Scheduled Chats if they are in the event during the Scheduled Chat time slot.
Can Representatives take only Scheduled Chats?
Yes, Representatives who want to only take Scheduled Chats can set their “Chat Availability” to Away. This will prevent them from being entered into Booth Chats.
What if a Representative is not available for the whole event?
Representatives are able to set their availability for Scheduled Chats. Please encourage Representatives to sign into the event and block off times they are not available before sending out Scheduled Chat invitations.