Live Video and Audio in Brazen, through 1:1 Video/Audio Chat, Group Video, or BrazenLive Broadcasts, is a powerful way to engage during events and ensure personal, meaningful connections.
See below for information on how to troubleshoot any difficulties you may encounter, or download our Quick Tech Reference Guide for Live Video in Brazen. For further information, see our detailed technical requirements for using audio and video in Brazen.
Do you have other apps and tabs open?
Try closing out of any unnecessary applications or windows, refreshing your page, and trying again.
- If you have more than one Brazen event page open, make sure to close additional pages and only attend your event in one tab or window.
- If you have teleconferencing or communication software such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams open in the background, these apps can compete with Brazen's use of your microphone and video. Close out of these other apps, or at minimum be sure your camera is off and your mic is muted in the other app.
How is your Internet connectivity?
Weak connections can often create disruptions in audio and video. In order to address this issue, try switching to an alternative Internet source.
Is your browser up to date?
Make sure you have the latest version of your browser. We recommend using Chrome, but Brazen also supports Firefox, Safari, and MS Edge.
Are your camera, microphone, and screen share enabled?
Review your browser settings to make sure your browser can access them. Also, check your device settings to make sure your audio, camera, and screen settings are set to the preferred channels.
Are you experiencing an audio echo?
Try these steps:
Reduce the volume of your speakers.
Reduce the sensitivity of your microphone.
Use a different device, like another computer or a cell phone.
Run System Tests
Consider running the following quick and easy tests before beginning a video chat or BrazenLive Broadcast in Brazen, or if you encounter any issues during them.
Brazen Service Check
- If the results show all green check marks, your system has passed.
- If the results show any cautionary marks (red circles or orange triangles), review what may have to be addressed:
- If your system fails the "Cookies enabled" and "Local storage enabled" service checks, then you will need to update your browser settings to enable cookies or local storage.
- If your system fails the “Events Platform” service check, whitelist the Brazen live event platform.
- For all other failed checks, Brazen Support can help you resolve the issue. Copy the orange Rebrandly link at the top of your service check page (see image below) and include the link in a help request submission.
Run the 30-second Vonage Pre-Call Test. Vonage powers Brazen’s audio and video features.
- Click "Run Test." The test takes 30 seconds.
- Based on the results, it will make recommendations on the expected audio/video quality, and will provide steps to troubleshoot any issues.
- If you need assistance interpreting the results or addressing the issue, Brazen Support can help. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save this data as simple text."
- Copy and paste the text results and include them in a new help request.
For additional information about IP ranges on which Vonage communications occur, see our detailed technical requirements.