In addition to adding a live video broadcast booth to a single event, you also have the ability to add video broadcast booths to a template or series. This feature makes it much easier for admins to “carry over” existing video broadcast booths to future events without having to build out the booth every time.
Adding a Live Video Broadcast Booth to an existing template
Take the following steps to add a Live Video Broadcast Booth to an existing template in your account:
- Within the template you’d like to edit, click on the Booths tab
- Click New
- Select Live Video Broadcast as the Booth Type and add a Title
- Hit Save
After creating the booth, you can choose to add presenters and a host to the booth, or save this step for when you use your template to create an event. Once you use this template to create an event, you’ll be able to set the broadcast start and end time on the Content tab of the video booth in your event.
Creating a template from an event with a Live Video Broadcast Booth
If you’ve already hosted an event with a Live Video Broadcast Booth you can use that event to create a new template by taking the following steps:
- Go to your Account Home and click on New Template
- Check the Create Template from Event box
- Click the dropdown and select the event you’d like to use to create your template
- If the event includes a video booth, you’ll see the “Copy Hosts and Presenters” box”
- Fill in the required fields and hit Save
By default, all boxes will be checked and the template will include the Booths, Opportunities, Representatives, and Hosts/Presenters that were added to the event you selected. If you don’t want to copy the Hosts and Presenters from your event into this template, you can uncheck the “Copy Host & Presenters” Box. If you decide to uncheck this box, you’ll just need to manually add a Host and Presenter(s) to any events you create using this template.
The broadcast start and end time will not be copied from your event into the template, but when you use this template to create a new event you’ll be able to set a new start and end time for any broadcasts within that event.
Adding a Live Video Broadcast Booth to a series
Setting up a new series with a video broadcast booth is a similar process to setting up a series with only chat booths - the main difference is that you will also have the option to assign hosts/presenters and set a broadcast schedule when including a Live Video Broadcast Booth in a series.
To create a new series with Live Video Broadcast Booths:
- Go to your Account Home
- Click New Series
- Select a template with a Live Video Broadcast Booth
- If the template you selected includes at least one video broadcast booth, you’ll see “Assign Host & Presenters” and “Schedule Broadcast” added as extra steps at the top
- Fill in the required fields and click Next
- Assign any reps to the existing text chat booths in your series
- The second screen (Assign Reps) will not show any of your video broadcast booths
- On the third screen, you can choose to assign a host & presenters to the video broadcast booth(s) in your series
- If you’d like, you can skip this step and assign and host & presenters at a later time
- Choose the start date for your series on the fourth screen
- On the fifth screen (Schedule Broadcast), you can choose a recurring broadcast time for the video booth in your series. If you’d like, you can skip this step and come back to it later.
- Set the Series Schedule and hit OK
Once the series has been created, the host/presenters and the broadcast time will be applied to every event in your series. You can always make changes to these fields by editing and applying new series settings.