As a BrazenLive host or presenter, you can leverage Google Slides or Microsoft Powerpoint to add real-time closed captions to your presentation.
Take the following steps for to enable closed captions for your broadcast:
- Open your presentation in Google Slides. You may need to upload your presentation to Google Slides if it is hosted somewhere else.
- Click View and select Present from the drop down menu
- Click the Captions button at the bottom of your screen
Once those steps are complete, captions will appear in real time as you speak.
- Open your presentation in Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Note: You must be using PowerPoint v16.0.11601.20178 (Windows) or v22.214.171.124 (Mac) to enable closed captioning
Click the Toggle Subtitles icon in the presenter toolbar to turn captions on and off. You’ll also be able to customize the language and display of the captions by using the Subtitle Settings menu.
Sharing Your Screen
Once you have enabled closed captions using either Google Slides or PowerPoint, simply click to share your screen, select the screen with Google Slides or PowerPoint, and the audience will then be able to view the presentation with closed captions.