Setting up a Brazen event takes just a couple of steps before you can start promoting your event.
The videos on this page assume you will take an existing template, create an event, and from there make additional edits. For information on how to set up a template first, please view this PDF GUIDE. However, the steps to editing and building a template are very similar to building and editing an event.
The videos on this page assume you are building an event for a single employer using our "open house" module. If you are looking to create a multi-company career fair, click here.
To create an event, click “create event” on your main account page and choose the appropriate template.
There are 5 main areas of customization within an event (or template):
- Landing Screen
- Registration Form
- Event Lobby Content
- Tracking Links (event only)
The landing screen is what candidates will see when they click on the link to your event via a unique Brazen url that you may be sharing on your website, via email or social media.
There are 3 types of landing screen:
- Landing Screen - simplest to deploy!
- Landing Screen (legacy)
- Custom Landing Screen
Depending on which one you choose, please complete each sub-section, click save and click the blue preview button in the lower right to see your work!
Candidate Form - Each event can have it’s own fully customizable event registration form, known within Brazen as the “Candidates Form”:
- Limit to 3-5 questions and provide picklist, checkbox options as much as possible
- It is not necessary to ask for name or email as that is automatically collected when they start the process to register for your event.
- Make all questions optional as more than 50% of end users will view your registration form via mobile and a resume may not be readily available. Candidates can always go back and update their registration form later.
Limit Signups - Limit the number of people who register for your event based on who will be staffing your event. 10 sign ups to 1 representative is the benchmark.
Pre-Qualification settings - Do candidates need to meet minimum requirements? Set those up here and limit to no more than 2-3 questions.
Confirmation Screen - Optional but if you’d like to direct them to a specific page afterward, add it here!
TIP: Once you have completed the registration form and landing screen, you may start to market by creating and using tracking links.
Booths are individual breakout rooms where candidates can have chats based on specific topics. Booths are more commonly broken out by skillsets, geographies, or topics of interest for attendees. You may also consider creating booths based on who will be staffing the booths to create the most meaningful chat connections between your attendees and your representatives.
Each booth has 4 sections for additional customization:
- “Settings” - Booth Title, Logo, Booth Image, Booth Owner (optional if you’d like to delegate out to someone else to build the booth) and social media links.
- “Content” - Up to 3 tabs that can each be customized with distinct content.
- “Representatives” - Add team members who will be staffing that specific booth.
- “Opportunities” - (Optional) Highlight up to 7 roles and have candidates answer additional questions before they get in line. If you use this tab, be sure to double-check the opportunities tab under the “content” tab is checked off.
Event Lobby Content
You may choose to include content on the right hand side of the lobby that may be applicable to all attendees of your event. This may include links, videos, polls and any other relevant content.
We highly recommend creating tracking links to determine the success of your marketing channels when promoting your event.
TIP: No need to market your Brazen events more than 2 weeks out as candidates who sign up closer to your event date are mostly likely to attend.
Save your Event as a Template
Like the event or much of the content you just created? Turn that event into a template for your future use!
- Click on “New Template” from the account home and select the event you built.
- Copy over sections including booths and/or opportunities
- If representatives will be different from event to event, uncheck “copy representatives”
- Rename the template if applicable and click save!
Note: you cannot create a template from an event that is part of a series.