As more and more organizations implement strict travel bans & cancel their in-person events, we put together this quick guide to get your team up-to-speed on transitioning your events online. This article covers everything you need to know about Brazen's virtual events and career fairs, such as:
- How does a Brazen virtual event work?
- What is the value of online events vs. in-person events?
- What types of events can I host on Brazen?
- What are some key features of the platform?
- How can I get an event set up? How quickly can this be done?
- What types of training and support do you provide?
- What are your recommended event "best practices" for representatives?
1. How it Works
Brazen is an online event and chat platform that allows organizations to quickly reach, engage, and hire top talent. You can watch a quick 8-minute video of how it works below.
If you’re looking for a more in-depth training, please refer to the Training & Resources section to sign up for a live training session.
2. Benefits of Online Events
Using online events and online chat has a range of benefits, including:
- Ability to engage candidates in any location around the world - candidates can talk to hiring managers in personal chats in ways that doing so in-person would be travel and cost prohibitive.
- Save time and money - less time out of office for hiring managers and employees, less travel costs.
- Allow candidates to engage in a way that’s comfortable for them - no traffic, no need to dress up, no standing in line for an in-person event. Candidates can be in multiple lines at once.
- Reduce risk associated with cold/flu season travel and in-person events.
- And more!
3. Event & Chat Types
Our clients host a broad-range of online events and chat experiences, with use cases ranging from:
- Enterprise-wide external hiring events
- Team-specific hiring events
- Monthly/weekly recruitment “office hour” chats
- Campus recruitment career fairs
- Veteran & diversity hiring events
- Internal hiring/networking events
- New Employee onboarding
- Open enrollment fairs
- QuickChat for connecting passive candidates with sourcers & recruiters in 1:1 messaging anytime (via desktop or SMS)
- Coming soon: events with live video presentations followed with 1:1 chat conversations
If you would like to review a template for any of these use cases, please let your Account Manager know.
4. Key Features
Key features of the platform that help create a great experience include:
- Completely branded and user-friendly experience (also mobile-optimized)
- Candidate profile/resume details are provided within chat conversations
- Ability to create booths for networking / recruiting chats by geography or business line/skill set to help create more relevant connections
- Booths can also be set up as “Resource ONLY”, so candidates can view videos, easily access other collateral, and view/apply to openings
- Tag candidates for “Next Steps” and use built in follow-up features from within your chat history
5. Event Setup
Online events can be set up in a matter of minutes on Brazen’s Control Center at any time-- especially when using existing event templates. Only Brazen users with ‘administrator’ access to the platform can create, edit, and manage events. If you are an administrator and need assistance with an urgent event build request, contact your Brazen Account Manager. Additionally, consider implementing something like this sample event request form at your organization, to help manage incoming event requests from your team.
If you would like to set up an event but do not have ‘administrator’ access, reach out to your Brazen administrator and/or your Brazen Account Manager to get started. Consider filling out this sample event request form, to help your administrator quickly set up the event.
Are you the host of a career fair event? Check out our career fair guide here & contact your Account Manager if you have any questions on event setup, marketing, management, and/or reporting.
6. Event Training & Resources
Brazen provides on-demand training for you and your team, as well as live support during each online event. Additionally, we are temporarily providing complimentary live “representative” and “booth owner” trainings each Tuesday and Thursday at 3P ET, beginning March 17th, 2020 - April 30th, 2020. If you have an upcoming event or would simply like to understand how it works, please feel free to sign up for a time slot below that works for you, or forward the invite along to members of your team.
If you've been assigned as an event representative, you are responsible for chatting with attendees in your assigned booth during the online event. We encourage you to sign up for our weekly live training below, or view this Representative Training Guide.
If you have questions or need help, reach out to email@example.com.
Booth Owner Training
If you've been assigned as a booth owner, you are responsible for customizing your booth and assigning at least one representative to chat with participants during the online event. (Note: Representatives you assign will also receive an automatic email with more instructions.)
If you have questions or need help, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have administrator access and need training on how to set up and manage an event, please contact your Account Manager, or review this Administrator Training Guide. Additionally you can live chat with our helpdesk support agents directly from your Brazen Control Center Account Home, 9A-5P ET, Monday - Friday.
7. Pro-Tips for Online Events
We recommend attending one of our live trainings before your first event, or reviewing an on-demand training here.
Bookmark this website to log on: app.brazenconnect.com/cc or use the link you receive in your reminder emails. There is no software download needed to participate--all you need is a strong, steady internet connection.
- If you cannot remember your password, please follow "forgot password" steps here.
When using the login link above, you'll be able to see all upcoming and past events in one place.
BEFORE THE EVENT
- Prepare talking points:
- Prepare short answers to FAQs and 3-5 questions you will plan to ask each candidate to efficiently pre-screen candidates
- Graceful exit sentence - how can you let candidates know they are not the right fit?
- Think through next steps - what is your standard next step with quality candidates?
- Update your browser. We recommend Chrome but Brazen works with updated versions of firefox, safari and IE.
- Log on 5-10 minutes early to ensure no technical issues. Emailing email@example.com is the best way to get live event support. The site will refresh when the event is live.
DURING THE EVENT
- Turn up your volume so you can hear when you are connected with a candidate.
- Be sure to click the GREEN chat button. If nothing happens right away, that just means there aren't any candidates waiting in line.
- Greeting - During the 1st chat, set your greeting in the upper left and include a question.
- Multi-chat - feel free to use the multi-chat feature if you would like to engage with more than one candidate at a time but keep in mind the candidate experience.
- Snippets - Save prepared questions/FAQ answers as canned responses. In addition to helping you spend less time typing, this will create more consistency among your candidates’ experiences/responses, and it will help you ask questions better suited for text-based chats.
- Extending Chats - You may extend a chat once by 2, 5, or 10 minutes. We recommend avoid extending too much especially if the candidate volume is high
- Ending Chats Chats will end when time runs out or if either party clicks the red “End This Chat” button. Spend the last 2-3 minutes figuring out next steps for qualified candidates and/or even scheduling that assessment or interview and sending them the application. For candidates who are not a good fit, feel free to use your graceful exit and end the chat early.
- Next Steps Ratings - After each chat, give your candidate a next step and couple of notes before moving onto the next candidate for easy follow up
AFTER THE EVENT
- Save all follow up for after the event
- Use the follow-up features after the event under the "history" tab to email the candidate or forward to another recruiter/hiring manager
- Attendance for online events is typically 50%. Be sure to follow up with all non-attendees as those candidates are warm leads for you!
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or your Account Manager. We are committed to serving you to help ensure the smoothest possible transition for your workforce.