A Broadcast Message is a message that can be sent to a specific group of participants, or everyone, during your event, to communicate something immediately that may affect the event or their experience.
Use Broadcast Messages to call attention to certain booths or opportunities, to give instructions to attendees, or to send messages to booth or event representatives. Multiple messages can be broadcast at the same time.
Broadcast Messages appear in the bottom right corner of the Event Lobby and remain there until the participant dismisses them.
To add a new Broadcast Message:
- From your Event Home, select Settings, then Broadcast Messages.
- Click Add Message, and enter a Title. This is the message header, so it could say something like “Attention” or “Welcome”. Then, enter your message text.
- By default, your message is displayed to all event participants. If needed, restrict your audience to certain booths or participant groups - candidates (attendees) or representatives.
If you’ve restricted your broadcast to an Open Networking booth, you cannot further restrict it by participant type.
- Click OK to save and start broadcasting your message
- A message will continue to broadcast until you click Stop Broadcasting on the Broadcast Messages page.. When a participant dismisses a message it won’t return, and while the broadcast is live anyone joining the target audience will receive the message.