After you've created your Series, you can follow the steps below to make any edits, including:
- Updating basic settings
- Extending a series
- Adding representatives and booth owners to all series events
- Deleting a Series
Updating Series Settings
- From your Series homepage, click settings.
- Make your edits to the landing screen, registration forms, booths, or settings.
Tip: The tools used to edit a series are very similar to those you use to edit a template or event. Click here for a refresher on editing your landing screen, registration forms, booths, and more.
- Once you've saved your edits, you will still need to apply the changes.
Applying changes to series events allows you to update series events in just a few clicks. Applying changes will overwrite the selected events’ settings with the series settings. Since each event in a series may be edited individually, series settings must be applied before they take effect.
When you are ready for your series settings to take effect, select Apply Changes from the settings screen to begin the process.
Select the events to apply changes to:
Check the events that you would like to update from the list. The list includes all future events in the series (at least 15 minutes away). All events are selected by default, including one-time events.
Applying changes will overwrite any individual edits that have been made to the selected events. This includes changes made to:
- Representative Assignments
- Registration Forms and Fields
- Basic Settings (Title, Subtitle, Time Zone, Duration)
- Landing Screen Settings
- All settings (Connection settings, chat settings, etc.)
- All booths and their settings (including content and opportunities)
Registrations as well as the URLs for the selected events will not be affected.
Review the list of events and click OK to apply the changes, or go back to change the event selection.
That’s it! After the process completes, the selected events will be updated with your series settings. To make further changes, simply repeat this process.
Extending a Series
Existing series can be extended by editing the schedule to start on the date of your first additional event and end on your new intended final event date. Follow the instructions and best practices below to effectively extend your series, and please reach out to the support team if you have any questions or concerns about how to best extend your series.
- From the series home page, select Schedule and then EDIT SCHEDULE.
- IMPORTANT: When selecting your "New Schedule Start Date and Time," select the date and time of the first new event in your intended extension. DO NOT select the initial start date of the existing series. This will delete the remaining events in your series and overwrite them with new events.
In the below example, the user is extending an existing monthly series that was set to run from June through August. Note that they do NOT select June as their New Schedule Start Date and Time in order to extend this series. Instead, they begin with September and chose to "End on" the November date.
3. Click "next" to review your changes. If the dates displayed on the screen start with the first event in your series extension and end with your new end date, you can click OK to save your changes and extend your event. In our example, you can see the new schedule is set to run from September through November, meaning the series will be extended successfully.
If the dates displayed do NOT accurately reflect the beginning and end of your intended series extension or you are shown a list of events that will be deleted, do not click OK to save the changes. Below is an example of an event extension that would not be saved properly. In this example, the user did not begin the new schedule with correct extension start date.
Please be sure to review your changes thoroughly when extending a series to ensure you do not accidentally delete any existing series events, as deleted events cannot be recovered. If you have any questions or concerns about extending your series, feel free to reach out to the Brazen support team!
Adding Representatives & Booth Owners to a Series
Representatives and Booth Owners may be added to a series, making it easy for the same users to be assigned to newly created events or all events in a series. To add users, simply navigate to the template’s booths settings or representatives screens as you normally would when editing an event.
Please note that representatives and booth owners will not receive emails when they are added to the settings, and booth owners do not have access to editing a the series settings (only the booths within single events). They will only be notified and/or have access when settings are applied or when a new event in the series is created.
Deleting a Series
Once a series is created, it cannot be deleted. If you would like to delete individual events within the series, or all events in the series, you can do so by selecting the three dot menu to the left of the event on your Account Home. You can also navigate to the series in the Series tab and click through the series calendar to access this three dot menu and delete each event.
Click Delete in the event menu to delete the event. You will be asked to review and confirm deletion of the event.
Deleted events from a series will not appear on your Account Home or under the Series tab. Records of all created Series will remain in the Series tab even if all scheduled events have passed or been deleted.