Are you set up properly to chat?
- Check that Chat Availability is toggled on in the event control panel.
- Check that you clicked the Chat button in your booth. Your status will read Waiting to chat, and the Chat button will change to the Cancel button.
- The Chat button only appears after the event begins. If you do not see the Chat or Cancel button, you may have entered the booth too early. Refresh the page to view this button.
- Check that you are accepting all chats, not just Rep Handoff chats.
- Cancel your chat availability in the booth and click Chat again. Make sure you select All Chats. If you set yourself to Only handed off chats you do not get assigned to chats in the queue. Read about handing off attendees to other Representatives.
- Check that you are using a supported browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or MS Edge. Click here if you don't know which browser you are using.
- Check your internet connection to confirm you have a consistent internet connection.
Are there attendees waiting to chat?
If you see attendees waiting in line to chat but are not being connected in chats, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- You have already chatted with the attendee and cannot connect with that person again.
- An attendee is currently chatting with a Representative at another booth and is not available yet. Attendees can wait in line to chat in multiple booths at the same time.
- Attendees waiting to chat in your booth may be actively chatting in a Group Video booth and cannot chat in other booths at this time.
- Attendees waiting to chat may not have sufficient bandwidth to start an active chat.
You will be automatically connected to chat once an attendee is available.